Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jackson Hole Super Weekend

Ok I'm way stoked. I finally got to Jackson. I grew out a killer mustache for my pass picture and now I get to ski this awesome terrain. In doing so I finally get to drop Corbett's Couloir.

So Jared, Trevor, and I left Ogden Saturday morning at 4:00 am......... uh 5:00 am. Yeah thanks for sleeping in Jared. To be brief, the snow was old and hard, but the challenge was fun.

So on day two I decided to drop Corbett's. Let's just say that things didn't go quite as planned. I sat on top of Corbett's studying the entry. The entry was full of uncovered rocks, snow knuckles, snow ruts, ice, and hard, hard snow. Now I am sitting there thinking about how horrible things could get, having the wind howl past my head, fearing failure and injury. This contributed to the intimidation I had already felt of the most famous ski run in America. I let the intimidation get to me and I committed my skis to go but not my upper body when I made my attempt. This caused quite the humorous tumble. Once I stopped sliding down the 50 degree slope, I laughed, looked up at Jared and Trevor, then continued down the couloir now free of the intimidation I felt just moments earlier. Enjoy the pics of my tumble. Corbett's 1 - Alex 0.

Corbett's here we go











No comments: