Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ski Season: Officially Started

Yes it is finally official: ski season is started and man my pass is good looking, well everything but my picture.















So if you are the least bit observant, you've probably noticed that it says "Unlimited College" on my pass. Being in college definitely has its benefits. Hehe.

I decided that regardless of the conditions, I would be skiing this day and that I would get my pass. I am on my way to skiing 800,000 vertical feet: I am now at 8,460 feet. Okay you might not think that's a lot for one day and it isn't. I only skied three runs. Yeah that's 2820 vertical feet per run. The conditions were less than suitable even for early season conditions. The first 1500 feet of the run had decent snow. The last bit of the run was quite icy. I didn't care to beat myself up too much on my first day and my ski buddy for the day had to get back to do some studying.

All in all, it was a good start to a new season.

No comments: