Sunday, November 21, 2010

How Shall This Winter Be??

Waking up to a beautiful white blanket of heaven's finest this morning brought a smile to m face.  Winter is finally here in a three part storm cycle that is sure to bring a couple of feet to the mountains.  And it's doing so in great fashion; just in time for the lifts to start turning this Thursday at Snowbasin.

And with that comes another year's worth of goals to shape up and guide the season.
  1. Ski at least 45 days both frontcountry and backcountry
  2. Ski at least 600,000 vertical feet
  3. Ski the south face of Ben Lomond Peak
  4. Drop S&S at J-Hole
  5. Ski Superior 
  6. Continue filming and putting edits together
  7. Enter a big mountain competition or two
  8. Call in sick to work at least twice for a 15 inch or more storm
  9. Solo Willard Peak ice drainage and ski down into Liberty
  10. More photos
  11. Throw more 3's
  12. Throw more front flips
  13. Stop being a girl when it comes to back flips
  14. Nail my line through the blond cliffs
  15. The usual male skier dream
I think that rounds the potential season up.  I'm really stoked to ski a resort full-time for two consecutive seasons.  This will be the first time ever doing that and Basin has a lot of hits waiting to happen.  But I am also super excited that I managed to get a full season pass up to Grand Targhee for $250, so I will definitely be hitting that resort up a couple of times this year in addition to my six days up at Jackson Hole, which I couldn't find it in my heart to forgo this year. 

Now it's just time to keep the moment from Portillo going.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you accomplish them all?