Monday, June 9, 2008

A Beautiful Day up to an Oasis

Sunday happened to be such a beautiful day. After church, I found myself to have nothing going on and antsy to be relaxing outside. I had a thought to take a walk/hike up to Malan's Basin to go look at the waterfall. It's been a while since I have been up there, well during the non-winter months. I haven't been up there in the summer for about 3 years. I do go up there every winter to ice climb. I didn't want to fly completely solo on this, so I called Kev and Liv to see if I could take out the darling and adorable Maddie.

She's my babe. I was lucky enough to get an approval. It was nice and relaxing to get up in the canyon and be in the trees with a stream to the south of you. The rush of the water over the rocks was calming and soothing to me. I enjoyed myself and the company of Maddie. She did struggle a little when she had to work her way through larger rocks due to having a leash on. I would just give her a "come one babe," and she'd bound up the rock and pass me by.

As I got up to the waterfall, I went a little higher than the others gathered there to find a little sanctuary all for myself. As I peered up I wished for the water to be still and frozen. I just wanted to climb. But it was good to see nature at work, to see the cycle of things, and to remember the first time I had been up there.

All and all, it was a good day.

The approach view.


























The good view.


























Top Section.




















A view of Ogden from my secluded spot.

1 comment:

Liv said...

aww, That's my baby!!

I'm glad you guys had fun. I hope you told her the story of me and Kev meeting up there with you the last time you hiked Waterfall in summer.

Kids love to hear that stuff about their parents.