Sunday, June 29, 2008

Camping Vacation



So it was decided that we all wanted to go camping for a night. Since I live in the state of Utah, there being a ton of ational forest land around, finding a good campsite was only a 30 minute ride. The group consisted of Brooke, Camille, Dustin, his brother Archie, Archie's daughter, Justin and myself. I was really excited to go camping since I've had a new tent for about 2 months and haven't had the chance to use it.

Once we found a good site, I ran out ahead of everyone and found the spot that would be the quietest. But I forgot the think about a spot that would be out of the sun as well. But I was very happy with my selection. I managed to snag a beautiful plot a few yards away from a running stream. The sound of the water rolling over the rocks brought serenity and sleep into my life that night.



The night was quite usual for car camping. We had hot dogs for dinner, told funny, gross, and embarassing stories, we had s'mores, and eventually went to bed. Oh but that was for just Justin and myself. The other four stayed up later than us and had quite an eventful night. Let's introduce you to David and Jessy.



Well they were at the camp site across from us. Now these two 18 year olds came over earlier and invited us to have some beers, hence the picture we snagged. Apparently, after I went to bed these two got in a fight over the girls that were with them, threaten each other's life more than once, woke up the rest of the campground, beat each other up, and apparently the winner of the fight (guy with the bandana) was left behind with no car, out of cell phone service, to sit in a drunken stupor and bug everyone that hadn't gone to sleep in my group. This picture was taken during the whole incident as the rest of the group "was in desperate fear for their lives."



But thanks to my prestine tent site with the rolling waters, I did not wake to hear any of the commotion and finally had my first good night's rest in two weeks. Now hearing the story upon waking was very amuzing. After that Justin and I packed up promptly and returned to Ogden to attend church. Here's some more pictures from the outing .

Justin "helping" set up the tent



Apparently I own a lot of prAna attire



I was really good at employing friends to cook my hot dogs



S'more Time!!!!



My only s'more of the night



Trippy Fire Pit


No comments: