Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth



Justin, his mother, and I decided to make it a good 4th. We headed out to the posh Park City to enjoy the festivities. Part of the festivities was our visit to the outlet stores. I definitely think that I spent too much, even though it wasn't that much.

After shopping, we happened upon a small middle eastern cuisine restaurant . I enjoyed some delicious hummus and then a bit of savory lamb kabob. Eventhough it was quite tasty, it still happened to maintain the Park City requisite of small portions and high price, and left me a little hungry.

We walked around Park City, veiwing this store and that, treating ourselves to the fancy life, and eventually found our way into an art studio that Justin had previously perused. I happened upon a Rembrandt that just caught my eye and kept me wanting it. It was the "A young man an in a velvet hat" original etching.



It was only about 4" by 4", simple, detailed, and eloquent, which was emphasized by the incredible vintage black framing. Now I'll tell you I was right about to purchase it, if I had only remembered to transfer $29,500 into my checking account.

The fireworks were at Park City Mountain Resort. The fireworks started 45 minutes late and they were quite lacking. I will say that even though it was a great day to remember and celebrate the things that have brought about and sustained our independence, the show wasn't what I expected. Maybe it's because I grew up in Madison and had many opportunities to see the million dollar Rythmn and Booms show, but I could have put on a better show in my backyard. But we did have a blast and made a good time of things. Here's some of the pics from last night that I caught with my iPhone.



No comments: