Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation Appraisal: Needed, but not what was expected.

My first week of official vacation: How did it go? Quite disappointing. Let’s look at how that came to be.

So I was planning on going to Flaming Gorge for 4 days, the whole reason why I took the vacation days, and the trip got cancelled two days before we were to leave. That was a little disappointing because I was really looking forward to riding behind the boat all day long for four days. But I really needed a break from my fabulous job, so I still decided to take the leave. I did manage to get out behind the boat, but only once.

I played hockey Friday, Monday, Wednesday night, and Thursday morning. It's a lot of fun and helped make up for not going to Flaming Gorge.

The biggest disappointment came on Friday. I was planning on driving out to Steamboat Springs, CO to see my sister Kira, Andrew, and my cute niece Masha, while they were out in the area for a wedding. Well I only alotted about 36 hours for the visit since Mapquest said is was only a little longer than 5 1/2 hours to drive out there. It turned out that it takes about 8 hours if you're pushing it. So I would have ended driving for 8 hours to stay for 8 hours, sleep for 8 hours, only to wake up and drive back for 8 hours. We decided that it just wasn't as convenient as we thought it'd be and bagged it. So I was really disappointed in not being able to go out and visit with them and that weighed down on me.

I did luck out and was still able to go out camping with Charlotte and Joni, which was a lot of fun. But overall the vacation wasn't what I was expecting. But I do like how I used only 3 days of vacation for 9 straight days away from the office. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

1 comment:

Randi Patch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.