Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Polar Opposite: A Great Weekend With Some Cool Surprises

Ok so yes my last weekend wasn't the greatest. It seemed that the fun karma had become depleted in my life. In reality, I was having a lot of fun this summer, so I couldn't expect to have an awesome weekend every week, now could I. So enough pouting for me, time to quit being a baby.

Onto this weekend. Complete 180 from last week. It was crazy, busy, exciting, fun, and super involved. Let's take a closer look shall we (I'm such a nerd, this I know).

Friday: Work went by so quick. There wasn't anybody there, and of all the nothing I had to do, I got it all done. It was the first day that I really didn't care about having nothing going on because it went by so quickly. But after work, what time is it? Hockey time. Now this is how good my weekend was going, let me elaborate. So we only had 6 guys there to play hockey. For some reason no one was showing up. Well of course we knew that they'd cancel it and I'd be out of a good release once again. But the guy who had to stay and zamboni the ice agreed to let us play. Oh that was so awesome. We then played 3 on 3 for the next hour plus. I was super beat by the end of it all. Now once that was finished, I had to get home, hydrate, and get over to the soccer facility for a late night make up game. I was actually really out of it the whole time, for one thing, and then being in a boarded up field that looks similar to a hockey arena, made me think that I would just poke check the ball away with my stick (which didn't exist) while on defense, or just check the guy into the boards to stop him. Whoops. I got beat once or twice in the beginning and also got a foul or two called on me. All that said I did manage to score my first goal of the season. Now that's saying a lot for me because I never play up. Since nobody else on the team really gets back on defense, I decided to play sweeper, I'm the last man back. So I had an opportunity in which there was a good opening, I passed it up, he took a shot on goal, I got the rebound, and drilled it in. So it was a good night. Indoor soccer definitely is a completely different game from outdoor, which is why I am not too fond of it, but it is still fun to get out and run.

So on to Saturday. I took it easy and just did laundry during the day and waited for my night plans. So remember last week I happened to complain about a certain brunette that stood me up? Well I did get a hold of her, we planned a date for Saturday, and I totally stood her up. Oh man revenge is so nice. I mean I told her what restaurant to meet at, called her saying that I was a little late and to see if she was there already, and then once I confirmed she was there, I called the restaurant and had the hostess tell her that I couldn't make it because I was out with my girlfriend. Oh my gosh how good is that!!!! Payback.

I know, I know.... I really know how to give it to someone. And right now as you're reading this thinking about how much of a jerk I was, how insensitive and immature I acted, wanting to punch me in the face feeling sorry for that poor woman, you're now going to have that feeling of being dooped by Alex once again.

Of course I didn't do that to her. Are you serious? I did go out with the "MaGirl" and we had a good time. She truly was sick the other day and didn't feel good enough to call. So now that I feel like an idiot for thinking that she stood me let's get on to the date. So after having to stop off at her sister's for a bit we headed back up to Salt Lake for dinner. It was an alright dinner for food, but it was really good for getting to know her. We seemed to talk a lot about work, personal goals, priorities (oh yeah, you know I said skiing), and just whatever else came up. She's really a sweet person. She's mature, my age (thank goodness), brunette (of course, you know me) a dancer (way fun), intelligent, and beautiful, especially her smile. It was just really easy for me to get along with her.

After dinner we met up with my buddy Mike, his girlfriend, and her friends to go out dancing. That of course was way fun, especially when you're with a good dancer. So after all the club fun was said and done, I got "MaGirl" back to her place around 3:15 am or so. I was not about to drive all the way back up to Ogden. I called Mike and met up with him to crash, but I never got tired now that I wasn't driving, so I stayed up and finally headed home to Ogden at 6 am. Now that sucked.

Since it's already Sunday let's talk about that. Yeah so church was hard. I was so beat. The new Bishopric spoke and yeah. Well the big surprise is finally getting to hang out with a good childhood buddy from Wisconsin. Ben Leonhardt moved out to Layton the other week, and we planned on hanging out Sunday night. It's good to see him. Man he still looks the same. Why couldn't I still have the same hairline? Why do I have to have the family hairline? Anyway, we chatted about everything: school, work, finding jobs, girls (and the ridiculous drama that is contained within their DNA), crappy student loan payments, skiing, possibly rooming together in Salt Lake City, and life. Way fun time. I'm so glad that he is out here. He's a good buddy to have around. I hope that he finds a job quickly.

To an absolutely fun, invigorating, and exhausting weekend: Adieu.

2 comments:

Liv said...

I hope she reads your blog. It would be HILARIOUS. She'd find out you're a weirdo.

AshleyCD said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I totally thought you stood her up! Hahaha!